The world's leading design and assessment method for sustainable buildings
BREEAM is the World’s leading environmental rating tool for buildings. It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and has become the de facto measure used to describe a building’s environmental performance.
BREEAM assesses the performance of buildings over a wide range of environmental issues to produce a rating of PASS, GOOD, VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT or OUTSTANDING.
The compulsory BREEAM assessment uses recognised measures of performance, which are set against established benchmarks, to evaluate a building’s specification, design, construction and use. The measures represent a wide range of categories and criteria from energy to ecology, including aspects related to energy and water use, the internal environment (health and well-being), pollution, transport, materials, waste, ecology and management processes.
Part of the BREEAM assessment is ensuring the site is fully energy efficient and that a suitable energy management system has been put in place to monitor the energy consumption. ENISCOPE Energy Management System is fully BREEAM compliant.
Most modern buildings need to comply with BREEAM regulations as a condition of their planning consent, ENISCOPE Energy Management Systems qualify for the following BREEAM 2011 non-residential code sections:
- Basic Energy Monitoring to comply with the BREEAM minimum requirement
- Advanced Energy Monitoring, Building Energy Management System (BEMS) & Water
Monitoring Systems to gain additional BREEAM credits:
Do I need a BREEAM assessment?
BREEAM can be used to assess any type of building anywhere in the world. Standard schemes have been developed for offices, retail developments, education, and healthcare buildings. BREEAM Bespoke and BREEAM International Bespoke (part of the BREEAM Other Buildings family of schemes) can be used to assess building types that are 'non-standard', i.e. bespoke projects, or buildings limited in the number that are likely to be developed.
- All new government buildings require a BREEAM rating of excellent.
- English Partnerships require a BREEAM rating of Very Good for all developments.
- The DCSF (Department for Children, Schools and Families) require new build and refurbishment education buildings to achieve Very Good as a condition of capital funding
- The Department of Health requires new build healthcare buildings to achieve Excellent and refurbishments a Very Good rating.
ENISCOPE Energy Management Systems Overview
- Real time energy consumption
- Voltage and Power Factor
- Monitor consumption against targets
- Identify areas of waste
- Set consumption targets and alerts
- Analyse consumption patterns
- Allocate costs accurately
- Inform forecasting, targeting and budgeting processes
- Micro-generation efficiency
With an impressive record of achieved savings, ENISCOPE Energy Management Systems are essential to help you save energy, reduce costs and minimise carbon emissions.
The ENISCOPE Energy Management System gathers energy consumption data in real-time (typically reading once every minute) and our cloud based portal delivers dashboard visualisation, monitoring, alerting and reporting. Easy to install, easy to extend - an ENISCOPE solution is fully scalable - from as little as one metering point - and provides unparalleled visibility from distribution board to circuit to socket. ENISCOPE can significantly reduce your resource consumption; reducing your environmental impact and your utility bills.
With ENISCOPE Energy Management Systems you can not only meet your compulsory BREEAM requirements, but exceed them, gaining valuable points towards achieving the highest possible BREEAM rating as well as potentially saving money on your site's energy spend. Contact us today to find out more on 028 2858 3637
To find out more about BREEAM visit www.breeam.org