SUBWAY: CAFE PREMISES
Customer brief: To provide a cost effective heating solution for a sandwich shop franchisee to reduce operation costs.
Efficient and innovative heating.
Subway is a sandwich store franchise business with a focus on healthier food choices while reducing their environment footprint. The retail and seating areas needed to be heated. Alternative heating, such as convection heating, meant heating a lot of ceiling void that would be unnecessary, inefficient and costly. Subsequent to this installation 2 further Subway stores are planned.
- Herschel IR3 heaters were installed
- Panels are mounted down focusing the infrared evenly across the retail area
- Wi-Fi enabled thermostat programmed to continually maintain the ambient temperature even with the door open.
- Infrared heating is directed where it is needed, not heating the void; reduced running costs
- Fully programmed so no staff time spent on heating controls; thermostats can be controlled remotely by management via phone or computer if needed
- Quick installation into new stores or retro-fit to existing stores
- Little or no maintenance costs
- Even temperature keeps staff and customers comfortable with door open.